If you are interested in making The Wilmont your home, these steps can help you:
- Tour the apartment
We do not have an office on site. You can submit a showing request and we can usually set up a tour with one or two days notice.
- Choose a floor plan
- Check availability
- Wait list (if there is no current availability)
If there isn’t any availability, you can be added to the wait list. The application fee is not charged to be added to the wait list, but every adult must fill out an application:
- Submit the application for an available apartment
Every adult resident must submit an application with the following documents and fees:
- Rental Application
- Rental Verification for all residences lived in the last 3 years – please fill out the information inside the box and pass it along to your previous landlord and they should email or fax the forms back to us directly
- $50 non-refundable application fee by credit or debit card
- Proof of identity
- Proof of SSN
- Proof of income
- Application review
Once we have received the application and documents from all residents, we will review your application.
- Pet interview
Pet interview is required for all dogs.
- Review the lease
The following documents will be emailed so you can review them prior to signing the lease:
- ACH authorization
- Transaction listing
- Sign the lease
All residents must be present to sign the lease. At lease signing please bring:
- Voided check for ACH authorization
- Any required missing documentation
- Monies due at lease signing
At lease signing, initial monies are due. The transaction listing will itemize the total monies due:
- Security deposit
- Initial pet fees (if applicable)
- First month’s prorated rent; if less than 10 days in initial month, then additional full month is also due
- If applicable, monthly parking space or pet fees
- Renter’s insurance
A renter insurance policy is required before move-in.
- For residents who utilize our free renter insurance, a representative of State Farm will contact you.
- If you choose to setup your own policy, please provide us with a copy of the policy. Policy requirements can be found in Rental Requirements.
- Start electric service
Residents may not move-in until electric service is started with Duke Progress Energy: online form or 919-508-5400. Please have electric service started the business day prior to move-in since Duke Progress Energy does not guarantee time of service starting.
Residents need to arrange a time when they can receive unit and mailbox keys. We will also do a walk-through which takes about 30 minutes.
- Welcome to your new Home!